Top Ten Basic Computer Software Products You Must Own
There are some very important and critical computer software products that everyone working with computers must own so that they can maximize the capabilities of their computer. Computers can do a number of things, from drafting a simple deal memo to desktop publishing, to editing a feature film; the power and capabilities of computers are endless. The following is a list of some of the more important pieces of software that people should own, some may be specific to a PC or Macintosh and some maybe a little less or more important given what you hope to accomplish with your computer, regardless, it is worth the time to look into the following computer software products suggestions.
1. Roxio Toast 10 Pro – You need to burn CDs and DVDs, there is no way around it. So much information is transmitted using these formats. Roxio Toast 10 Pro is up-to-date and offers a number of features. This software can even allow you to burn Blu Ray discs. It can be used on both a PC and a Mac. If you are on a Mac you can also consider using DVD Studio Pro.
2. Final Cut Pro – Final Cut Pro is the choice of desktop editing software for movies. Currently, it is available only for a Mac; if you are on a PC a great alternative is Adobe Premiere. You may think you don’t need this but viral video marketing has proven to be effective; using video on social networking sites such as YouTube and Myspace will bring more attention to your business. Final Cut Pro can be used on a laptop and is very user friendly. Everyone from beginning filmmakers to the Hollywood elite stands by this software.
3. Turbo Tax Deluxe Federal, State, and Efile 2008 – Everyone dreads doing taxes but you have to do it, you might as well make it as easy as possible on yourself. Turbo Tax Deluxe offers a number of built-in resources that can make filing taxes considerably less painful. It offers templates and ways to plug information in and also makes everything easy to track.
4. Firefox, Safari, or Explorer – You need to get on the Internet, there is no way around it these days. All computers do come with some type of web browser, either Safari if you are on a Mac or Explorer if you are on a PC. Many people still take the time to download Firefox as some websites are better viewed in Firefox. Firefox is free software and can be easily downloaded for both Mac and PC.
5. Adobe CS4 – Ah Adobe Creative Suite! If your business needs any kind of graphics or brochures this is for you! Create logos, business cards, flyers, brochures, anything is possible with the Adobe Creative Suite. This bundle of software includes such popular software programs as Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Bridge, Indesign, and Dreamweaver. It may seem a little daunting but it is still great to have if you ever need to open a file originally created using one of these pieces of software.
6. Filemaker 10 –Make organizing your files a breeze. Keeping your documents organized will obviously make it much easier to find them down the road. This program allows you to create an easy system to organize and track all your important documents.
7. Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2009 – QuickBooks is by far the most popular accounting software available. Accomplish all your accounting needs with QuickBooks. Use it to write checks, track receipts, and keep your finances organized.
8. Symantec Norton Antivirus – Get Norton Antivirus to detect viruses and warn you against possible downloading of a virus. Norton will also scan documents to find viruses and can even track and at times repair the damage done by some viruses. Keep those nasty bugs out of your computer.
9. Adobe Acrobat – Creating and opening PDFs has never been easier than with Adobe Acrobat. Sending files in PDF is very popular as they can be read on any computer and with any operating system. If you need to pass the information along and we all do, do it with ease with Adobe Acrobat. This is available for both Mac and PC.
10. Microsoft Office – This is by far the most important piece of software you can purchase. Take care of all your basic business needs, from writing a document, to creating a spreadsheet, to email, to creating elaborate and professional presentations. This bundle of software comes with Word, to type documents, Excel, to create spreadsheets, PowerPoint, to create beautiful presentations, and Entourage, to send and receive information. This one is an absolute must-have and is also the most widely used and purchased software. It is also available for both a Mac and a PC.
All these are computer software products that you must own to get better use of computers.